Saturday 27 June 2009

Courage & Stupidity: A fine line!

I'm not sure whether I should be feeling excited, optimistic and confident or panicked, depressed and terrified.

Along with several of my fellow UK food bloggers, I've signed up to host a stall at the Covent Garden Real Food Market. This market is selling food and drink delights to locals and tourists alike, every Thursday through to the 24th September. My date is the 27th August!

This collaboration between bloggers and market organisers is the brainchild of Julia Parsons, author of renowned A Slice of Cherry Pie and founder of the UK Food Bloggers Association.

Chris Dreyfus from More Tea Vicar has set a high standard for the rest of us to follow. Read the Independent's article on the stall, here.

And on the 27th August, just before the busiest bank holiday weekend of the year, it's my turn!

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Kristen In London said...

I most certainly DO wish you luck! I cannot imagine what I would prepare for such an occasion... but I'll stay awake nights trying to imagine! Would anyone in September like help, do you think? I've not until now joined the UK Food Bloggers Association, but I think I will look into it, if you wouldn't mind?

Helen Yuet Ling Pang said...

I'll come and visit you if I can! Please remind me again nearer the time. You'll be fine!

Kavey said...

Thanks, Helen, I definitely will! I'll be tweeting/ blogging to the high heavens screaming for help/ support!

Boo said...

I work just around the corner and pop along most weeks, I'll stop by for sure! What will you be selling?

Kavey said...

Not sure yet Boo, but thinking things people can take away and eat such as cake, quiche, muffins, fudge etc.

Brendan Gill said...

So your going to be there every Thursday from now till september? Hmm I am sure i'll be able to pass by. ;) maybe on my lunch hour.

Kavey said...

Hi Brendan
I won't personally be there every week, just one week only, late August, I think 27th, will check.
But there will be different food bloggers taking turns to man the UKFBA stall every week so worth visiting regularly!

Anne said...

Good luck! :)